Meet Age & Accessibility Home Solutions Owner Sandy Garber
Sandy Garber has been serving people her entire life. As a 28-year veteran of the Tallahassee Police Department (TPD), she understands trust and safety. A graduate of Florida State University, she chose Tallahassee as her home community in 1973 and became a police officer serving as a SWAT Team member, Tactical Assistance Team negotiator, criminal investigator and TPD lieutenant. She understands the importance of feeling safe in your home and in your community.
In 1985, Sandy started Flamingo Construction, Inc. a Florida licensed and certified building company. Following the life-long lessons learned in law enforcement, the business delivers quality work at a fair price, with incredible attention to detail and customer satisfaction. In 2016, seeing the strong demand for services specifically focused on helping seniors to remain in their homes, she started Age & Accessibility Home Solutions. Today, it is Tallahassee’s premier Aging in Place modifications service company.
Her construction expertise has been recognized in the region by Sandy’s appointment to the Leon County Contractors’ Licensing and Examination Board, and through numerous professional credentials including the National Association of Home Builders, Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, 50+Housing Council and the Building Industry Association.
Meet Age & Accessibility Home Solutions Operations Manager Kathy Watkins
Kathy Watkins’ story is like many in Tallahassee. She came to attend Florida State University and fell in love with the community. After serving more than a decade as a teacher, she began her own landscaping business, Prosperity Enterprises, where her ability to create creative solutions and deliver exactly what customers wanted set her apart from the competition. She has a passion for working with seniors and understanding what they want and need.
What We Live By
- You’re not just our customer, you’re our partner – we’re in this together.
- All contractors are not made equal. We understand trust and commitment. Our word is our bond. We deliver.
- Trust and respect must be earned. We build relationships by delivering quality work, designed especially for each individual’s needs. Our success is defined through enthusiastic, extraordinarily satisfied customers.
- We sleep well at night knowing we provide honest, quality work.
- We take pride in providing solutions that allow you to remain in your home.